How to get into the Christmas spirit // Blogmas Day 4

By Unknown - 06:32:00

Credit: Pintrest

I know, I know, there's still 21 more days to go until Christmas day but people have started to get very excited for the special day. If you're like some, you're often referred to as the grinch simply because you no longer get excited for Christmas or you're not on the same level of excitement as some of your friends. Or you're just like me and you get excited for Christmas on the 27th December and your Christmas joy and excitement never goes away. Either way I'm going to share with you how I personally get excited for Christmas and how you can too: 

1. The Christmas tunes

I feel like the 'Christmas buzz' officially comes into play when the radio begins to play all of the well-known and loved Christmas songs. Whenever I hear the beginning to Mariah Carey's 'All I want for Christmas is you' i get a warm fuzzy feeling inside and I end up smiling like a maniac. Since i've listened to the song since I was a child. I feel like the most recent Christmas songs no longer live up to the classics that we all know and love. For example;

'All I Want For Christmas Is You'-Mariah Carey
'White Christmas'- Bing Crosby
'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas'- Bing Crosby
'The most wonderful time of the year'-Any Williams 
'Last Christmas'-Wham
'Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow'-Frank Sinatra, B. Swanson Quartet

-FYI, I've currently got a Christmas song playlist on while writing this-


2. Christmas films 

Some of my favourite films are Christmas films that I came addicted to when I was younger, i.e. The Santa Claus franchise and the grinch (of course!). They're so addicting to watch and there's even full channels dedicated to them at this time of year. You can't escape them and they never fail in making you excited for this time of year.

3. Put up your Christmas decorations 

Christmas decorations in my house are a bit OTT- i mean that by saying we go full out every year. For starters our tree is a pain to put up and to get down again and takes around 4 hours to get up and 2 to get down with decorations included. We have a fake buxus reindeer that goes in our front garden which is probably one of my favourite decorations that we own and it lights up. I'm not even going to get started on the amount of wreath's my mum has, near enough every door in the house has one on it by December 10th. Having the Christmas decorations up help a lot when it comes to getting into the Christmas spirit. 

4. Go see a Christmas carol/play

This year a lot of my friends are in my local theatre's production of Peter Pan, so of course I had to book tickets to come watch them all be the stars that they are. I guarantee that a theatre near you will always put on a Christmas production of some sort- professional or not. I love going to the theatre around Christmas because the atmosphere is great and everyone's enjoying themselves while watching the cast having fun on stage. What's not to love?

5. Focus on the positive's in your life

Not everyone gets to experience Christmas with their loved ones or at all. So its important to cherish, be grateful and relax around this time of year. Instead of feeling stressed about the 30 presents you still have to buy, think of it this way-you have so many loved ones in your life. Christmas is about celebrating and helping others as well as feeling joyful. Enjoy Christmas as much as you can and stay away from the negativity and I'm positive that you'll have an amazing Christmas with your family and friends.

Let me know in the comments below on how you get into the Christmas spirit

xo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments