18 things I've learned in 18 years

By Unknown - 04:00:00


So, a couple of days ago I turned 18- a big milestone in the fact that I am now legally an adult, which is a little bit weird for me to say...well write. My birthday celebrations were amazing to say the least, something I'll never forget. The thing that had me a little bit on edge just before my 18th birthday was the sudden change in how much responsibility I had and the freedom that came with it. Each birthday since turning 16 there was something else you could legally do that gave you the most excitement \I guess, for example, last year was being able to learn how to drive. This year I feel the responsibility and freedom is a little bit on the heavier side not that I am a legal adult and am now responsible for myself.

I did a similar post to this last year shortly after I turned 17 and I've learned a few things since then so I thought it was about time that I updated it...



1. Your mum is one of your first best friends and knows the most about you
2. Removing negativity is easier said then done
3. Confidence comes when you learn how to self-love
4. Don't let anyone tell you that your emotions are invalidated because they don't feel the same
5. If your dreams don't scare you then they aren't big enough
6. change is never going to be easy
7. say yes to the things that scare you
8. appreciate the little things in life
9. you have enough time to do everything you want- trust me.
10. push yourself, don't expect others to do it for you
11. stop living in the past, let things go and move on
12. learn to say no.
13. quality over quantity
14. communication is one of the best things to do, relationships rely on it.
15. some people don't deserve more than one chance
16. actions will always speak louder than words
17. always follow your gut instinct
18. realise when you're doing too much and take a step back.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments